16th Annual Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop
In the recent years the Internet evolution has undergone a remarkable and unstoppable change of trend, rooted on three main pillars, new technologies (cloud computing, SDN, NFV, etc.), broad connectivity (3G/4G, VANET, etc.), and the wide deployment of smart edge devices (smart phones, sensors, wearables, etc.), all setting the main concept for the Internet of Things (IoT), also encompassing scenarios such as smart cities, ITS (intelligent transportation systems), smart homes or e-health.
MED-HOC-NET 2017 extends its focus far beyond traditional networking concepts, highlighting new networking concepts related to the mentioned three main pillars developed for the future generation of network and cloud computing technologies. Med-hoc-net 2017 is willing to accommodate contributions on smart mobile scenarios, focusing on highly relevant developments but also preliminary ideas and concepts on the ICT area, aiming at facilitating the development of new technologies and services with a high societal impact.
Following recent successful conferences in Sicily (2006), Corfu (2007), Palma de Mallorca (2008), Haifa (2009), Juan-les-pins (2010), Favignana Island (2011), Cyprus (2012), Corsica (2013), Slovenia (2014) and Algarve (2015), Barcelona (2016), Med-Hoc-Net 2017 will take place in the city of Budva right in front of the Mediterranean Sea.
Med-Hoc-Net 2017 seeks original and unpublished contributions describing original research and innovation in the following topicss:
- Ad hoc and mesh networks
- Routing algorithms and protocols
- Transport layer protocols for multi-hop networks
- MAC protocols, scheduling, power and topology control, and resource
- Sensor network protocols
- Vehicular networks
- Cognitive radio networks
- Integration of ad hoc networks with wireless access networks
- Implementations, testbeds, and prototypes
- Technology related issues (IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, ZigBee, etc.)
- Quality of Service
- Optimization models and algorithms
- Energy-efficient networking
- Security and privacy
- Location in Wireless networks
- New generation for WiFi, RFID, Zigbee, 6LowPAN
- Participatory and urban networks
- Underwater wireless networks
- Green networking
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the Med-Hoc-Net 2017 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Additionally, the best paper award will be published in AD HOC NETWORKS JOURNAL (ELSEVIER).
DNAC, 4 Résidence de Galande, 92320 Châtillon, France
For more informations: firstname.lastname@example.org